Want to know how to remove remembered Instagram accounts? I have listed five detailed methods that will help you do so.
Since Android Oreo, Autofill has saved a lot of time for users who constantly sign in and out of apps or websites. While Instagram keeps you logged in all the time, what if you want to keep your account away from prickly eyes because anyone can access it?
There’s no ‘remember’ feature that lets you almost always log in to your account, which is a daunting task but helps protect your privacy.
There is a method that Instagram provides to delete the remembered accounts. The Facebook-owned app does not automatically save your login details so that we can access this invisible feature. Scroll down for this short tutorial.
Remove Remembered Instagram Accounts
I have listed five methods that will help you to delete remembered accounts on Instagram. You can try any of all methods.
1. Remove the Account Locally
- Launch the Instagram application on your smartphone.
- Go to the profile screen and click on the sandwich icon (three times) in the top right corner.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll down and click Log out (of your account name).
- You will see a pop-up that asks for confirmation, with the ‘Remember my login information’ checkbox. Uncheck it and click on the Logout option.
- You can also get another option in which you want Instagram to remember your account details. Click on Remove.
- Now, if you have already logged out of Instagram, log in and follow the above steps again.
- If you open the Instagram app or visit the website, it will take you to the login screen.
- You will get two options, as seen in the image above. Click on Login if you want Instagram to remember your credentials.
- If it isn’t (probably why you’re here!), tap Remove. You will see a pop-up asking for confirmation.
Once this is done, the next time you log in, you will need to fill in the details to access your profile.
- How to See Every Photo Someone Likes on Instagram
- How to View Full Size Instagram Photos & Profile Pictures
2. Log out from all your Devices
Instead of logging out of each account, you can log out from all your devices at once. Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t have a toggle switch to do this. The simplest option is to change your password. By doing this, you will be logged out of your other devices on which your account is logged in.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click the menu option on the top right corner – also known as the hamburger icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on ‘Security’.
- Now choose ‘Password’.
- You have to type your current password and enter a new password. Make sure you note it down.
- Click ‘Save’ to keep the setting.
3. Log out of Facebook
As you may already know that Facebook owns Instagram. This means that people can log into Instagram using their Facebook credentials. So, if you log into your Instagram using Facebook credentials, you can easily delete your Instagram remembered account from your smartphone.
- Sign out of your Facebook account.
- Now, launch an Instagram app where you will see that you have deleted your Instagram remembered account from your smartphone.
- Log back into your Facebook account.
4. Log out of your Browser
While you’re at it, you should also log out of your Instagram account on your browser. It is a bit complicated, but I will explain it to you through it.
- Go to Instagram.com on your browser.
- Now go to the Profile screen.
- Tap on the Settings icon next to the ‘Edit Profile’ button.
- Select ‘Log Out’ from the menu.
5. Clear App Data from Settings
The easiest way to delete remembered accounts on Instagram is by clearing app data. To do this, follow the steps given below –
- Go to the settings of your Android smartphone.
- Now go to Application Manager or Apps.
- Find Instagram in the list of apps
- Click on it.
- Tap on ‘Storage’.
- ]Select the ‘Clear data’ or ‘Clear storage’ option.
- The easiest way to go to the app’s settings is to long-press on Instagram and select ‘App info’.
- Click on ‘Storage’ and select the ‘Clear data’ or ‘Clear storage’ option.
So, this was a tutorial on how to remove remembered Instagram accounts. Last year, the Facebook-owned company expanded new features for its app. reel or vertical video; Millions of people are now scrolling through their Instagram feeds.
You can control your passion for using Instagram 24×7 by removing your login credentials. Let us know in the comments section below if it was easy enough for you. like this