In the past, we have seen Instagram copying many features like Snapchat stories. This time around its Snapchat has extracted a leaf from the Instagram book.
Just a month after adding GIF stickers to the stories, Snapchat added them as well. GIFs were something that had been missing for centuries in the popular app.
Now it will be possible to add GIF stickers to your snaps. In this tutorial, we have mentioned the steps to help you get GIF on Snapchat stories.
Along with this, we have also included the process with which you will be able to send GIFs in chat to your friends in the form of Snapchat messages. And the impressive thing is that you do not have to download the GIF on your phone to send it to your friends.
Like Instagram, on Snapchat, you also have the GIF feature powered by GIPHY – the largest database of animated GIFs. Adding a GIF to your photos and videos is definitely increasing your snaps even more.
So, without any further ado, here are the steps to send GIFs on both Android and iOS for Snapchat chat, message, and snap.
How to Send GIF on Snapchat
If you are among those who usually express themselves using GIF instead of text, then you probably want to know if you can send Gifs directly to Snapchat’s messages. By the way, you will be happy to know that you can send messages very easily even without downloading GIFs on your phone.
You can do this on both Android and iOS by enabling different keyboards on your phone. And to be able to do this you have to download third-party applications.
Send GIF from iPhone to Snapchat Message
To be able to send GIFs to your Snapchat messages, you must enable the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone. To do this, follow these simple steps.
Enable GIPHY Keyboard on iPhone
- First of all, install the GIPHY app on your phone.
- After the app is installed on your iPhone, you will need to enable the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone. To do this, go to your iPhone settings.
- Then scroll down and tap “General” to open General Settings.
- After that, you have to find the “Keyboard” option and tap on it.
- Now, tap on “Keyboards” to see all the added keyboards.
- To add GIPHY as your new keyboard, tap on the “Add a new keyboard” option.
- Now, scroll down and select “GIPHY“, which will be under the third-party-keyboard category.
- After that, you will automatically return to the “Keyboards” section, and you will see that GIPHY is now added as one of your keyboards. Now, tap on “GIPHY“.
- Finally, turn on the “Allow Full Access” switch in the right corner to give GIPHY access.
Using the Giphy Keyboard to Send GIFs to iOS
Now that you have enabled the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone, just follow these simple steps to send a GIF to a friend on Snapchat via messages.
- Launch Snapchat on your phone. Then tap on the “Chat” icon at the bottom left of the camera screen to see the list of Snapchat friends.
- Now, select any friend from the list.
- As you must have reached the chat section now. You long tap on the globe icon to see all the added keyboards.
- To launch the GIPHY keyboard you have to select GIPHY from the list.
- Finally, tap on any GIF to copy it, and when it is copied, paste it into the Chat section to send the GIF to your friend.
Get GIF in Snapchat chat in Android
On Android, you need to install and enable Gboard to enable sending GIFs to your friends directly on Snapchat.
Enable Gboard Keyboard on Android
- Download the Gboard app to your smartphone.
- Now, launch the application on your phone.
- As soon as you are on the app, you will be asked to do three steps to use Gboard on your phone. To complete the first step you click on the “Enable in Settings” tap. Now, on the next screen, to enable Gboard, turn on the Gboard toggle button.
- As soon as you complete the first step, you will automatically be taken to the second step, which is “Select input method“. Tap on it
- Now select Gboard as your default keyboard.
- For the third step, you have to give Gboard some permissions. To do this, tap on “Set Permissions” and then select “Allow“.
- And tap “Done” to complete the process.
Enough. Now you have Google Keyboard enabled on your Android smartphone.
Use the SwiftKey keyboard to Send GIFs to Android
- Launch Snapchat on your phone and go to your friend’s list by tapping on the chat icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Go to any friend’s chat to send GIF to chat.
- Now that you are on chat, tap on the “GIF” option to see all the GIFs.
- Now to send GIF, just tap on it. You can search for GIFs by typing their category in the “Search GIFs” bar.
Add GIF to Snapchat Snap
Update the Snapchat app to the latest version from the respective App Store. Follow the method below after successfully updating it.
There is no difference between Android and iOS for using GIFs in snacks.
- Launch Snapchat and take a snap or upload one from the camera roll as you usually do.
- Now you have to tap on the sticker icon on the right.
- Find a word and all the related GIFs for it will appear in the GIPHY section at the top.
- Select the GIF you want. You can then adjust the size of the GIF sticker with great ease using zoom and pinch. If you want, you can add multiple GIFs in a single snap.
- If you are not happy with the selected GIF, you can grab it with your snap and move it to the trash icon and it will be removed from the photo/video.
- Once you’re done, tap on the right arrow icon to add a snap to your story or send it to a chat in private.
Snapchat has proved to be one of the amazing apps to connect with your friends in every fun way. And with everything we already have on Snapchat, being able to use GIF is definitely a bonus. Now after reading this article, you know how to send GIFs on Snapchat chats and messages, and add GIFs to your snacks.