Hide Seen From Instagram Story: To view an accidentally viewed Instagram story, deactivate your Instagram account for 48 hours. Since an Instagram Story will only last for 24 hours, once that period ends, they will no longer be able to see who viewed their story.
Ever since the Instagram Stories feature launched, I’ve come up with a few tricks that will let you hide an Instagram story you’ve seen from another user’s story.
You can use these methods to view someone’s Instagram story and without notifying them on the Instagram website, Android and iPhone. Also, it’s possible to follow people’s stories without even following them, but that’s of course only possible for public accounts.
If you’ve already accidentally viewed someone’s story on the Instagram app and want to remove or undo your viewed action from the viewer’s list, we’ve got you covered. We will start from here.
Hide Seen From Instagram Story
Many times it happens that we see stories by mistake and also, we do not want the owner to know. The good news is that you can hide your opinion. Whether the profile’s story you’ve viewed is private or public, the process to delete your view remains the same.
The steps are the same and apply to both Android and iOS devices. Here are step-by-step instructions.
1. By opening the Instagram app, you have to go to the profile of the user whose story you have seen.
2. Now, tap on the 3 dots on the top right and select Block.
3. Block. Confirm your decision by selecting
Blocking the story owner will remove your view of their story as well as delete the DM’s interactions with them. But there’s a catch.
4. Wait 24 hours… or forever
As soon as you unblock that particular user, your view will come back and reappear in the story viewers list. So, to counter this, block the person until their story (photo/video) is over, which you saw. This means that you will have to wait a maximum of 24 hours before unblocking them.
If you want to unsee a DM you have to block them. As soon as you unblock them, the conversation will return and they will be able to see the “scene” or read the receipt.
5. Unblock User (Only for Stories)
To unblock someone, go to your profile and tap the hamburger menu icon in the top right, and select Settings.
Next, tap on Privacy and select Blocked Accounts.
Now, select that specific user. This will take you to their profile. Tap on the three dots in the top right of their profile and select Unblock. Confirm it on the next pop-up box.
6. You have to follow the user again if you still want to follow them.
After that story ends, you have to follow them (if you were following them before) because blocking someone removes them from your following.
Another thing you should know is that blocking someone will make them unfollow you (if they were following you before). So, if you don’t follow you later, you run the risk of losing a follower.
Turn Off Your Internet Connection
The best way to see someone’s Instagram story without them knowing it is to turn it off your internet. When you do this, it doesn’t register on Instagram that you’ve seen the story because you viewed it while offline.
Here’s how to see someone’s story on Instagram without your internet connection being turned off:
- Open the Instagram app and let it load, you want to make sure the person whose story you want to see is showing in your app so it loads.
- Once this is done, turn off your internet connection. You can do this by tapping on the Wi-Fi icon in your Settings. If you are using data, turn off your data connection. On the off chance that both of you are on, you can put your device on airplane mode to turn off all connections.
- After you turn off your Internet connection, go back to Instagram and view the story you want.
- Once you’ve viewed a story, you have to stay off Instagram until the storytimes out, so Instagram doesn’t retroactively register your view when you go back online. Stories last for 24 hours, however, if you viewed it shortly after it was posted, then 17 hours after it was posted (like the story in my screenshot above), you’ll have to wait another 7 hours. Don’t let it end before your time. Back to Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Can you view someone’s Instagram story without knowing it?
You can view someone’s Instagram story without knowing it. One way to do this is by using the Story Saver app on Android. This allows you to view the person’s Instagram story without their knowledge, and you can even save it.
Can you unhide someone’s Instagram story?
You can uncheck someone’s Instagram story by deactivating your Instagram account for 48 hours. This works because Instagram stories are only “live” for 24 hours.
Can anyone see that I saw their Instagram story if we’re not friends?
If you view someone’s story on Instagram, they can see that you saw their story, even if you are not friends on the platform. It works both ways, if someone views your story, you can see that they saw it, even if you’re not friends, or they don’t follow you.
- How to See Every Photo Someone Likes on Instagram
- Instagram Not Posting Photo! 9 Ways To Fix This Error
I know that sometimes a situation may arise where you need to view Instagram stories privately, and I hope this guide helped you learn how to do that. Whether you want to watch someone’s story without knowing or “ignore” someone’s story when you accidentally watch someone’s story, I wanted to create a guide to solving these exact problems.
If you’re looking for more Instagram tutorials, here’s how to unblock someone on Instagram and hide comments while you’re watching Instagram Live.
Thanks again for reading, be sure to comment your thoughts below and share this article with your family and friends!