In this tutorial, we will show you how to hide comments on Instagram Live. Instagram Live has gained a lot of popularity since the feature to share the live video as a replay story.
If you are going live (the owner) you will be able to disable comments while streaming Instagram live and hide comments while watching Instagram live in real-time (viewer or owner).
Come on, let’s get started!
Hide Comments on Instagram Live
If you’re streaming live video, you have complete control over whether your viewers can leave comments on Instagram Live. You can switch between these two modes even during live streaming.
Hide comments on your live videos
Here’s how to block viewers from commenting on your Instagram Live:
- In the Instagram app, go to the Stories section and select the Live option to start a live video.
- As soon as the video starts, you have to click on the three vertical dots to the right of the comment box.
- Select Turn Off Commenting.
With this, users will not have the option to comment on your video. Ahh! You can always enable them during the live broadcast if you decide on the same video.
Turn live comments back on
You can turn comments back on at any time:
- You have to click on the three vertical dots in the comment box.
- Select Turn On Commenting.
- Instagram Not Posting Photo! 9 Ways To Fix This Error
- How to See Every Photo Someone Likes on Instagram
Hide comments while watching IG Live
It used to be possible to hide comments while viewing Instagram Live but Instagram has disabled this feature. This means Instagram no longer allows you to hide comments when you are viewing someone else’s live translation from the app.
But you can still do so if you want to watch the live streaming from your computer.
Also, what if you didn’t get a chance to watch the live video while it was happening and now you are watching it in the Stories section. You may have already understood that this time tapping on the screen will not delete the comments but it will forward or rewind the video for 15 seconds.
Well, this isn’t the first time and certainly won’t be the last when a Chrome extension saves the day.
- If you do not already have a Chrome browser, then you must install it on your computer.
- Then, add the IG Stories Chrome extension.
- Visit the Instagram website and log in to your account – or reload the webpage if you were already logged in.
- You’ll see all Instagram Live from people you follow, happening in real-time labeled as Live and other Live videos that are shared with Stories marked with a YouTube-like icon, as That’s available in the Stories tray at the top, as shown in the screenshot below. Click on the one you want to view and a new tab will open.
- You’ll find an option to hide comments in the top right as soon as it starts showing up, all you have to do is select it and all the comments and emojis will disappear for you instantly.
- To bring back comments, just tap Show Comments and that’s it.
The good thing about this extension is that you can watch live video with both audio and video simultaneously.
With this, Instagram Live will run without any comments in the new tab to save you from being distracted. Currently, you can’t hide comments on Instagram Live from the app. But this method enables you to do it from the computer and it is definitely the best shot for you right now.
Now you know how to disable comments on Instagram Live, whether you’re a supervisor or a content creator!
This is a lifesaver as you don’t have to manage comments while watching or streaming. Poor, abusive, trolling, or offensive comments can automatically get noticed.
If you want to do the same for your Instagram posts, read this post on how to turn off comments on Instagram. Did you find this tutorial helpful? If so, do not forget to share this post on social media platforms.