Get Settings Icon Back on iPhone:- The Settings app on iPhone and iPad allows you to control the rest of your device. From here, you can toggle certain settings off or on, change your data and time, and connect to WiFi.
If you accidentally removed the Settings icon, it could prevent you from changing the rest of your device. The Settings app is easy to get to and you probably haven’t removed it.
There is no way to delete the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad as it is the only app that allows you to control the rest of your device. If you hold down the Settings icon and try to remove it, the x icon will not appear at the top of the app, so you haven’t removed the Settings icon.
Moved to Another Place
Since the Settings app cannot be removed, it may have been accidentally moved to a different location. You can look in another folder or through all home screens and check if the icon is there. Apps can be moved to another folder when you hold them on the Home screen – if you have a lot of folders, the Settings app may have a lot in one of these folders.
If you have a lot of apps, you might have a few Home screens – it can be easy to lose the Settings icon if you have a lot of apps.
To Get Back to the Settings App:
- Swipe left on the Home screen.
- Click on the search bar.
- Find Settings. When you search for Settings, look to the right of the Settings results and check if a folder name is listed. If you can see a name on the right, it’s the folder in which the Settings icon is stored. You can go back to the home screen and see the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Settings app to open Settings.
Also Read:- iPhone Photos Not Loading in Camera Roll?
Reset Home Screen Layout
If you have already managed to find the Settings app in the Search feature but you are unable to find it in the Home screen, then you can reset the Home screen layout. When you reset the Home screen layout, your iPhone’s layout is taken back to the way it was originally – this may bring back the Settings icon.
To Reset the Home Screen Layout:
- Tap Settings in Search.
- Tap General.
- Reset Home Screen Layout.
- Enter the password to confirm. Once your device is reset, you can go back to the home screen and check if the Settings icon is back.
Force Restart iPhone or iPad
After searching for the Settings app using the Spotlight feature, if you can’t find the Settings app, you probably have a bug on your device that prevents the Settings icon from appearing. The easiest way to troubleshoot software on your device is to force restart it. When you force restart it, the software refreshes and troubleshoots for any issues.
If You Have an Iphone 7 or Above:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake key and the Volume Down key.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear
If You Have an Iphone X or 8:
- Quickly release Volume Up button.
- Quickly release the Volume Down button.
- When the Apple logo appears, hold down the Power button.
To Force Restart Your Ipad:
- You have to press and hold the power button and the home button.
- Press and hold both the buttons until the Apple logo appears.
- Let go of the buttons. From here, you can check if the Settings app has been restored to your home screen.
Also Read:- How to Approve iPhone from PC
Restore Old Backup
If the Settings icon still doesn’t come back, you always have the option to restore the backup that was made before the Settings icon was removed. When you backup and restore the old backup, it will restore your device back to the state it was in when the backup was taken. If there is an available backup that was taken before the Settings icon disappeared, you can restore it to get the Settings app back.
First, you need to check if you have a backup. To check in iTunes, in the search feature go to Settings > Click on your name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backup. If you don’t have a backup before the Settings app disappeared, you won’t be able to use this method.
To Restore an Old Backup:
- In the search feature, go to Settings > General > Reset, tap on Erase All Content and Settings. Wait for your iOS device to reset.
- On the Data & Apps screen, click Restore from iCloud Backup > Sign in to iCloud.
- Select Backup, then choose from the list of available backups in iCloud.
Also Read:- 7 Best Pipe Fitter Apps for Android & iPhone
Hope you got the answer to how to get the Settings icon on iPhone in this post. If you liked this post, then you must tell us in the comment section, and do not forget to share this post on your social media platform.