Are you trying to approve iPhone from PC but not able to do so? Well, if this is your problem, then this article is only for you, so let’s start reading.
When it comes to updating iDevice, Apple is quite particular about its privacy measures and this is the reason why you may face some issues while updating one.
Well, don’t worry in this article, we have mentioned three different methods that will help you to get your iPhone approved against the ‘This iPhone is approved’ error. Read along and find a suitable method that works for your device.
Ways to Approve iPhone from PC
1. Turn off Authentication then Approve iPhone from PC
- Leave the screen “Approve this iPhone” by clicking the “Cancel” option.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone, and then, go to your Apple ID.
- Through the “Password and Security” tab, you can click on the button for “Two-Factor Authentication“.
- Now, turn off the “Two-Factor Authentication” option.
- Reset your iCloud and iTunes account passwords.
- You will receive an email regarding authentication.
- Now, click on the link to close it.
- Now, retry the “Approve this iPhone” option via the red flag in the phone’s settings. This will approve your device.
2. Approve iPhone from PC via Verification Code
- Open your iCloud account on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings on that device
- Click against “Apple ID“.
- Now, press the “Password & Security” option.
- Then, click on the “Get Verification Code” button.
- Now, you will see a verification code displayed on the screen. Tap on the “OK” button.
- Now, go back to your iPhone device. You will no longer see a window saying “Approve this iPhone“.
3. Approve iPhone from PC by Turning Off iCloud Keychain
- You press the “Cancel” button to leave the “Approve this iPhone” window.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Click on the tab “Apple ID“.
- Now, you need to turn off your “iCloud Keychain“.
- Then switch off and restart your iPhone device.
- Once again go to Settings on your device.
- Now you click on “Apple ID” and then, “iCloud” button.
- Now, turn off the option “iCloud Keychain” again.
- After that, try the “Approve this iPhone” window
Frequently Asked Questions:-
How long can it take to set up a new iPhone properly?
It may take around 30-45 minutes for apps, emails, photos, and videos to be transferred from the backup.
How do I turn on Approval Waiting on my iPhone?
Go to Keychain and tap on Approve with Security Code. Then tap Forgot Code when prompted for a 4-digit iCloud security code. To reset the code, follow the prompts on your screen.
So in this way you can approve the iPhone from the PC. Follow any of the above-mentioned methods to get your iPhone approved and you will be able to recover your device easily.
However, approving the iPhone from PC via a verification code is the easiest way to get rid of the ‘Approve this iPhone’ window.